Main objectives and directions of activity:
- Development of a 3D image X-ray digital registration system:
- development of thin film scintillators YAG:Ce and GGG:Ce;
- development of large area image detectors with spatial resolution 50 um;
- development of X-ray digital imaging systems.
2016, May 13.
"Radiation resistance examination of the scintillation crystals YAG:Ce and GGG:Ce".
The work is conducted on the accelerator AREAL of the Synchrotron Research Institute- CANDLE.
Effects of radiation on scintillation characteristics of crystals are studied. 3.7 MeV electron beam is used in the experiments.
The purpose of these studies is definition of suitability of:
- YAG:Ce crystals for construction of calorimeters for high energy particle physics;
- GGG:Ce crystals for construction of X-ray imaging detectors of high spatial resolution.